CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

STUPUD SAD SONGS

Crickets!
Here i go again...


love by ~laurapora on deviantART

I cant help but wonder if I will ever be the one someone sings about...

At the same time, I was listening to a book on tape on the way to the zoo today which provided me with some pretty good advice and/or deep insight...

.
What a book... what a man... what crazy logic.. yet what sense he makes!

The first bit reminds me of how much romantic couples and movies are not good for my soul or my heart or my thoughts...

Allie and Noah ( The Notebook )
Sam and Andrew ( Garden State )
Penny Lane and Russel (Almost Famous)
Julia and Robbie (Wedding Singer)

...That love is not real. I wish it were. But it is all fabricated. That kind of love... that kind of devotion...

There are many kids movies and stories that parents try to stop their 6 year olds from watching... unconscious evil or whatnot being imprinted on their mind....

Really, the dangerous movies are ones like The Notebook, The Holiday...... All of those lovely romantic movies. They can ruin the lives of normal people as we concisely try to turn those movies into real life... giving us false hope that love will be that way... that boys will seek you out... that boys will serenade you... that boys will stare at you in that way it seems as though there is nowhere they'd rather be and no one they'd rather be with.... that boys do serenade you, not just to seduce you, but because they feel compelled to, they are moved to....

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnn

I find myself sometimes shutting others out, afraid to move forward so I shut the door on them... yet at the same time, I wait hopefully and eagerly at the other side of the door, waiting for someone to knock it down, for someone to care enough to search for the key and drag me out... save me from myself..


Same with stupid lovey songs... They take me away to a alternate reality where poeple do care... where poeple MIGHT care about me in that sort of way.
The songs that tell us how love is supposed to feel... and we find ourselves waiting and wanting that feeling for real.... Set up high expectations and dashed hopes...

Bright Eyes is my life sucker...

.

And then Incubus, "I Miss You" melts me every time....



And then from "Wedding Singer" ... Adam Sandler's serenade



And then the Red Junpsuit Apparatus..





How can you listen to these songs and NOT be blown away..... be swept away in the emotion. the feeling....


AND HOW COME I LET SO MANY OTHER THINGS DETERMINE MY LIFE?
..... I just fear of being alone all my life... although it is all i have ever known, I would like to know what it is like to be loved and wanted...

1 comments:

Robert Young said...

You aren't existing in the moment again dear! I gave up really worrying about love a couple of years ago when I realized that is was getting in the way of any actual possible relationship I might have, and I was having a much better time just enjoying girls company not thinking about possibilities...

anyways, a song for you by the Avett Brothers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFOT-W-5CDs