CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Scent-sational memories...

Coming from reading the book...

Smell: Chlorine...


Wet by ~Bluwi on deviantART

I am transported.. back to the pool in Vancouver, WA. Skittering around in my hot pink bathing suit with black polka dots and a little black tutu. I learned to swim there, evolving from blindly kicking myself around the pool with my head deep underwater and my bum in the air... The crystal blue-green water of the pool always shimmered and shivered in anticipation of the next child to jump into its comfort. Bounding off the diving board, leaving it thunking behind me as I splashed into the cool water below. Suddenly the happy, squeals and delighted screams of the little ones in the shallow end disappeared, muted by the soft rush of the enveloping me... Coming up for air, flinging my hair back like Ariel in the little mermaid.... For a time, i refused to kick my legs when i swam. I swam, kicking them both in unison, as though connected, as though they were a tail... pushing my way to the bottom of the pool and settling down on the bottom, content as a sea star...


0 comments: