CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 4, 2008

STS9 Concert... Rocked my world..

Ooh the concert was A-Mazing!!
I started a drink before we got there... and then once we were there i was a tad "happy" and ran around passing out paint (literally running up to random people offering them paint and then pouring it in their hand or on their arm) and i dropped a vial of glitter so i kept running back to that spot and piling it up in my hand and then sprinkling it on others.. passing out glow sticks and stick on tattoos..
Just before we got in there, i put it on my tongue.. it disappeared and the last thing i totally remember was some guy next to me saying, "There's no turning back now" and then me spinning until i fell down.. right into the pile of glitter and paint..
the rest of the night was a blur of heat, dancing, swaying, flashing lights, glow sticks, funny smoking things being passed around, hugs, dreadlocks and tye dye..
My Friend Salem and i even tried to get up on the roof of one house nearby because it wasx too hot inside the house we were supposed to stay..we never made it up and ended up crashing on the grass.. though i never really slept.. When i spend time with Lucy, i am never abl;e to sleep... my eyes are filled with flashing swirling tye dye lights and strobe lights and my head pounds..
Icould NOT grasp reality.. or the concept of time..DURING the concert it felt like it lasted forever.. once it was over it felt asthough it had just started..
The people near me became my family.. if i was falling one way, they would help me back up.. they lit my bidi for me and picked up glow sticks for me.. they danced in rhythm with me and led me on other moves.. they pointed out trippy lights and funny costumes and i rubbed my hands to spread my glitter love..
THEN.. I made the mistake of watching my movie about Woodstock.. watching all those cats tripping out and grooving to the music outside.. one love.. one soul.. one being.. all the love and freedom and flowers and pretty people.. not afraid of themselvesor their bodies..
Oh how i wish i could expereiince that...

Mud Baths, Skinny Dipping, Mega Tripping, Dancing, Improv, Loudspeakers, Downpours, Port-O-Sans, Hog Farms, Helicopters dropping daisys and dry clothes, local families donating food to feed the masses, makeshift tents and tarps to keep dry, mud sliding and Jimi Hendrix, Arlo Guntrhie and Joan Baez and Canned Heat and The Who and Janis Joplin and Joe Cocker, the Merry Prankskers and the bad brown acid that is NOT poison-just a bad trip, no fights, no police, no rules, thousands for free knocking down the fences.. flying poeple in because the roads were NOT moving,

Check out this website for wonderfully groovy pics of the Woodstock concert.. I like the Love Bus

0 comments: